From Self-Defense KarateJump to navigation Jump to search
[Video of this waza fast and slow, from the side, and ideally, overhead]
Defense against a gunman who has taken you hostage
- Look at the gun; this twists your head off the line-of-fire.
- Opposite-side grab the opponent’s wrist, pushing the muzzle towards them.
- If possible, jam the weapon by wedging a finger between the hammer and the firing pin.
- Perform gun-stripping with your same-side hand.
- Avoid shooting from this position, as it will cause permanent hearing damage.
- Throw the gun away, so the police won’t think you are the gunman.
- Twist outside and apply a hammerlock or shihō-nage.
Retrieved from "http://www.selfdefensekarate.org/index.php?title=237&oldid=1659"