From Self-Defense KarateJump to navigation Jump to search
[Video of this waza fast and slow, from the side, and ideally, overhead]
Defense against a double wrist grab
- Drop into a cat stance, pulling the opponent forward slightly to compromise their balance.
- Execute a front kick to the opponent’s groin, as an atemi.
- Clap your hands together. This will prompt the opponent to pull your hands apart to reassert control. Do not resist; immediately reverse direction, pushing as they pull, and clap your hands again overhead.
- Ideally the opponent’s wrists will bang together.
- Front kick to the opponent’s abdomen or solar plexus.
Retrieved from "http://www.selfdefensekarate.org/index.php?title=001&oldid=1847"