From Self-Defense KarateJump to navigation Jump to search
[Video of this waza fast and slow, from the side, and ideally, overhead]
Defense against an opponent who is using one arm to block a doorway
- Tell the opponent to stop.
- Blocking a door does not constitute assault, so the use of violence is not authorized.
- If the opponent does not stop once you’ve made it clear that you must escape to avoid a real threat of injury, then they are maliciously playing a part of the assault attempt, and the use of violence is authorized.
- Front kick to their groin.
- As they bend over, attack with a two-fingered spearhand strike to their eyes.
Retrieved from "http://www.selfdefensekarate.org/index.php?title=009&oldid=1855"