From Self-Defense KarateJump to navigation Jump to search
[Video of this waza fast and slow, from the side, and ideally, overhead]
Defense against a pursuit punch to the abdomen
- Step back into a cat stance, pulling your stomach away from the opponent’s punch. Simultaneously, trap their hand with a downward X-block.
- Grab the opponent’s wrist and rotate in in a large outside to inside circle, placing the opponent in a reverse wristlock.
- Front kick to the solar plexus.
- Grab the back of the opponent’s collar, or hook their head as in an irimi pin. Step in and spin the opponent around, placing them in a hammerlock.
- Knee kick to the tailbone.
Retrieved from "http://www.selfdefensekarate.org/index.php?title=022&oldid=1864"