From Self-Defense Karate
[Video of this waza fast and slow, from the side, and ideally, overhead]
Defense against a one-hand lapel grab
- Slap the opponent with your opposite-side hand, as an atemi.
- Immediately grab the opponent’s hand, and peel it off your lapel, twisting their hand into a reverse wristlock.
- Front kick to the opponent’s solar plexus.
- Grab the back of the opponent’s collar, or hook their head as in an irimi pin. Step in and spin the opponent around, placing them in a hammerlock.
- Knee kick to the tailbone.
Retrieved from "http://www.selfdefensekarate.org/index.php?title=040&oldid=1878"