From Self-Defense Karate
[Video of this waza fast and slow, from the side, and ideally, overhead]
Defense against a front kick
- 7-3 outside, trapping the opponent’s foot with a downward X-block.
- Grab the opponent’s ankle, and twist to the inside for a takedown.
- Step forward and slide your same-side hand down to the back of the opponent’s knee. Pull up on the opponent’s leg and push it forward, bending them into an awkward shape.
- This is comparable to the “Boston crab” from professional wrestling.
- Continue twisting the opponent’s ankle to break it, or reach your leg around their leg to stomp kick their spine.
Retrieved from "http://www.selfdefensekarate.org/index.php?title=077&oldid=1511"