From Self-Defense KarateJump to navigation Jump to search
[Video of this waza fast and slow, from the side, and ideally, overhead]
Defense against a full Nelson
- Interlock your hands in an S-grip, and place them on your forehead.
- Do not interlace your fingers, as this isolates each finger, making them easier to break.
- Slowly straighten your back, and slowly inhale.
- Explosively exhale and sink into a low horse stance with double downward elbow strikes, to break the opponent’s grip.
- Grab one of the opponent’s hands. Tenkan in that direction, placing the opponent in a reverse wristlock.
- Front kick to the solar plexus.
Retrieved from "http://www.selfdefensekarate.org/index.php?title=105&oldid=1536"