From Self-Defense KarateJump to navigation Jump to search
[Video of this waza fast and slow, from the side, and ideally, overhead]
Defense against a pursuit punch
- Twist inside, with an inside elbow break.
- Duck under the opponent’s arm, entering a horse stance facing the outside.
- Shrug the opponent backwards with a rear elbow strike for a takedown (a variant of kokyūhō).
- This takedown is one of the bunkai from Katachi no Chugoku-te Dō.
- For best results, make this a circular technique, where the tip of your elbow traces a semicircle, as shown in the video below:
[better explaining video]
Retrieved from "http://www.selfdefensekarate.org/index.php?title=106&oldid=1537"