From Self-Defense Karate
[Video of this waza fast and slow, from the side, and ideally, overhead]
Defense against a front kick
- 7-3 inside, catching the opponent’s kick with a scooping block.
- Front kick to their groin.
- Hook the back of their knee with the middle finger of your opposite-side hand. Twist the attacker’s knee inside to flip them over for a takedown.
- Lift the trapped leg higher to awkwardly bend the opponent backwards.
- This is comparable to the “Boston crab” from professional wrestling.
- Stomp kick to their spine.
Retrieved from "http://www.selfdefensekarate.org/index.php?title=108&oldid=1539"