From Self-Defense Karate
[Video of this waza fast and slow, from the side, and ideally, overhead]
Defense against a pursuit punch
- 7-3 inside with a cross-body block.
- Reverse punch to the abdomen, as both an atemi and a kuzushi.
- Hook your same-side hand behind the opponent’s head, pulling it into an inside elbow strike.
- Hook your same-side hand behind the opponent’s head and press your same-side shoulder against the opponent’s wrist for an inside arm lever.
- Finish the opponent with a downward elbow strike to the spine.
Retrieved from "http://www.selfdefensekarate.org/index.php?title=116&oldid=1546"