From Self-Defense Karate
[Video of this waza fast and slow, from the side, and ideally, overhead]
Defense against a pursuit punch
- Inside 7-3, with a cross-body block.
- Execute an inside elbow strike with your opposite-side hand, as an atemi.
- Immediately follow-up with a simultaneous (Kūsankū) same-side grasping block to the wrist, and an opposite-side makkikomi-shutō to the opponent’s throat.
- Grasp the back of the opponent’s head, and perform a neck circle takedown.
- Apply a shovel pin or other joint lock.
Retrieved from "http://www.selfdefensekarate.org/index.php?title=153&oldid=1578"