From Self-Defense Karate
[Video of this waza fast and slow, from the side, and ideally, overhead]
Defense against a pursuit punch
- 7-3 inside with a cross-body block.
- Immediately perform a simultaneous (Kūsankū) same-side grasping block to the wrist, and an opposite-side tate tsuki to their ribs.
- Depress their punching arm with your same-side hand, sweeping it aside. Simultaneously (Kūsankū) perform a two-fingered spearhand strike to the eyes.
- Step out into a front stance, with your lead foot outside and behind the opponent’s leg. Press their face back with your same-side hand and reap.
- Retain control of the opponent’s arms, and reverse punch to the ribs.
Retrieved from "http://www.selfdefensekarate.org/index.php?title=157&oldid=1582"