From Self-Defense Karate
[Video of this waza fast and slow, from the side, and ideally, overhead]
Defense against a pursuit punch
- 7-3 inside, into a full-side-facing with a simultaneous (Kūsankū) same-side outside shutō block and an opposite-side makkikomi-shutō to the neck.
- This is a variation of the opening move from Ugoku ni Roku Hō.
- Perform a simultaneous (Kūsankū) same-side grasping block to the wrist, and destroy the opponent’s balance with a downward elbow strike to the elbow of their punching arm.
- Knee kick to their abdomen or groin.
- Downward elbow strike to their spine.
- Grab the back of the opponent’s collar, and hook your closest foot around theirs. As the opponent tries to stand up straight, do not resist. Perform a front exercise kick, using their upward and rearward momentum to take them down in a variant of the reap.
- Immobilize the opponent with a shovel pin, and stomp kick.