From Self-Defense KarateJump to navigation Jump to search
[Video of this waza fast and slow, from the side, and ideally, overhead]
Defense against a pursuit punch
- 7-3 outside and backwards, with an outside shutō block into a grasping block.
- Execute a roundhouse kick to the solar plexus, as an atemi.
- Twist outside, pulling yourself into the opponent, with an outside arm lever.
- Grab the back of the opponent’s collar, and hook your closest foot around theirs. As the opponent resists the arm lever, do not resist. Perform a front exercise kick, using their upward and rearward momentum to take them down in a variant of the reap.
- Immobilize the opponent with a shovel pin.
Retrieved from "http://www.selfdefensekarate.org/index.php?title=161&oldid=1586"