From Self-Defense Karate
[Video of this waza fast and slow, from the side, and ideally, overhead]
Defense against a pursuit punch
- Twist inside with an outside shutō block and a makkikomi-shutō to the opponent's throat.
- Same-side grab the opponent’s wrist, and hook your opposite-side hand behind their head. Pull them down in a variant of the inside arm lever.
- Downward elbow strike to their spine.
- Grab the back of the opponent’s collar, and hook your closest foot around theirs. As the opponent tries to stand up straight, do not resist. Perform a front exercise kick, using their upward and rearward momentum to take them down in a variant of the reap.
- Immobilize the opponent with a shovel pin, and stomp kick.
Retrieved from "http://www.selfdefensekarate.org/index.php?title=169&oldid=1594"