From Self-Defense KarateJump to navigation Jump to search
[Video of this waza fast and slow, from the side, and ideally, overhead]
Defense against a two opponents, each grabbing one of your wrists with both hands
- Twist and front kick one attacker. Upon re-chambering, immediately rear kick the other attacker.
- These kicks are meant to be atemi. Additionally, these kicks will knock the attackers back, compromising their balance.
- Rotate your arm in a large, outside-to-inside circle, tying the first attacker up with a reverse wristlock.
- Reverse punch the first attacker’s brainstem. In the process, you will break free from the second attacker’s weakened grip.
- Use the reciprocal action of your returning punch to rear elbow strike the second attacker.
Retrieved from "http://www.selfdefensekarate.org/index.php?title=175&oldid=2680"