From Self-Defense Karate
[Video of this waza fast and slow, from the side, and ideally, overhead]
Defense against a knife slash to your face
- 7-3 inside, and immediately twist inside with an ude uke.
- When being attacked with any "round" technique (e.g., knife slash, horizontal club swing, or haymaker) immediately step towards the opponent, and enter the clinch. The opponent’s attack will wrap around you.
- If you side step, you can be struck on the lead-in or the follow-through.
- If you stepping back, you can be struck if the opponent overextends themselves.
- Immediately follow-up with a simultaneous (Kūsankū) same-side grasping block to the wrist, and an opposite-side outside elbow strike to the opponent’s solar plexus.
Retrieved from "http://www.selfdefensekarate.org/index.php?title=201&oldid=2500"