From Self-Defense KarateJump to navigation Jump to search
[Video of this waza fast and slow, from the side, and ideally, overhead]
Defense against a knife slash to face
- 7-3 inside with an outside shutō block.
- Immediately twist inside with an opposite-side hassō-shutō the opponent’s inner wrist.
- Ideally, this will dislodge the knife from the opponent’s hand, and send it flying.
- If the opponent still retains the knife, opposite-side grab their wrist and perform ikkyō-omote or ikkyō-ura.
- This results in performing ikkyō with one palm down and one palm up, which is technically gokyō (literally: “fifth teaching”), but the mechanics of the technique are unchanged.
Retrieved from "http://www.selfdefensekarate.org/index.php?title=204&oldid=1628"