From Self-Defense Karate
[Video of this waza fast and slow, from the side, and ideally, overhead]
Defense against a rear mug
- Pull the opponent’s arm down, and wedge your chin between their arm and your neck to preclude them from completing a stranglehold.
- Drop into a horse stance and strike the back of the opponent’s elbow to loosen their grip (i.e., hit their funny bone).
- Same-side grab the opponent’s wrist. Peel their arm off of your throat and pull it down over your shoulder and break their elbow with a standing arm bar.
- Step your opposite-side foot behind you and outside the attacker (a transitional hook stance) and twist inside for a reap or clothesline takedown (like at the end of irimi-nage).
- Stomp kick to their head.
Retrieved from "http://www.selfdefensekarate.org/index.php?title=211&oldid=1635"