From Self-Defense KarateJump to navigation Jump to search
[Video of this waza fast and slow, from the side, and ideally, overhead]
Defense against a knife thrust
- Deflect the knife thrust with an inside crescent kick block.
- Immediately grab the wrist controlling the knife.
- 7-3 outside, entering a horse stance with an outside elbow strike under the chin or to the throat.
- Twist to face the opponent, and taking them down with kokyūhō.
- Apply an appropriate finishing move (e.g., stomp kick, shovel pin) until the opponent’s gives up the knife.
Retrieved from "http://www.selfdefensekarate.org/index.php?title=226&oldid=1648"