From Self-Defense KarateJump to navigation Jump to search
[Video of this waza fast and slow, from the side, and ideally, overhead]
Defense against a pursuit punch or knife thrust
- When confronted, remove your belt, and hold it with both hands.
- 7-3 outside, snapping belt taut vertically for a side block.
- Step in, using your belt to pin the opponent’s wrist to their body.
- Tightly grab both ends of belt in one hand. Pull attacker off-balance.
- Incapacitate the opponent with strikes as needed.
Retrieved from "http://www.selfdefensekarate.org/index.php?title=263&oldid=1684"