From Self-Defense KarateJump to navigation Jump to search
[Video of this waza fast and slow, from the side, and ideally, overhead]
Defense against a rear mug
- Pull the opponent’s arm down, and wedge your chin between their arm and your neck, to preclude them from completing a stranglehold.
- Step in the direction that opponent is grabbing from, and enter a horse stance to create and opening along the opponent’s centerline.
- Rear elbow strike to the solar plexus, immediately followed with a rear hammerfist strike to the groin.
- Same-side grab the opponent’s hand and tenkan outside, placing the opponent in a reverse wristlock.
- Front kick to the floating ribs.
Retrieved from "http://www.selfdefensekarate.org/index.php?title=006&oldid=3369"