From Self-Defense KarateJump to navigation Jump to search
[Video of this waza fast and slow, from the side, and ideally, overhead]
Defense against a bear hug, under the arms
- Grab the opponent’s hair, and pull their head back.
- If the opponent is bald, push their forehead up.
- Rising palmheel strike to their chin.
- Push the opponent’s chin up and back to off-balance the opponent and break their grip.
- Claw the opponent’s eyes and/or grab and tear their face as needed.
Retrieved from "http://www.selfdefensekarate.org/index.php?title=031&oldid=1871"