From Self-Defense KarateJump to navigation Jump to search
[Video of this waza fast and slow, from the side, and ideally, overhead]
Defense against a knife slash to your face
- 7-3 inside, with outside shutō block to the opponent’s inner wrist.
- Even if the opponent retains the weapon with just their fingers, the grip on the weapon will be so weak that it cannot do any damage.
- Grab the opponent’s wrist to take control of the weapon; do not let go.
- Forward elbow strike to their solar plexus.
- Makkikomi-shutō to their neck.
- Hook your hand behind the opponent’s neck. Perform an inside arm lever, pulling them down into a knee kick.
Retrieved from "http://www.selfdefensekarate.org/index.php?title=200&oldid=1625"