From Self-Defense KarateJump to navigation Jump to search
[Video of this waza fast and slow, from the side, and ideally, overhead]
Defense against an under-arm bear hug
- Press the opponent’s chin up, forcing their head back to off-balance them.
- Two-finger spearhand strike their eyes or throat, as an atemi.
- Knee kick to their groin.
- This should knock them back, releasing their grip.
- Reverse punch to their temple.
Retrieved from "http://www.selfdefensekarate.org/index.php?title=177&oldid=1601"