From Self-Defense KarateJump to navigation Jump to search
[Video of this waza fast and slow, from the side, and ideally, overhead]
Defense against a pursuit punch
- Twist inside into a cat stance with an ude uke.
- Fluidly transition from your block into a downward hammerfist strike to the opponent’s groin, blocking your face with your other hand.
- Twist into a cat stance facing the opponent, with downward backfist strike to their nose.
- Hook your opposite-side hand behind the opponent’s neck and trap their arm with your same-side hand. Pull the opponent’s head down into a knee kick with an inside arm lever variant.
- Execute a downward elbow strike to their spine.
- Execute a hassō-shutō to back to their neck.
Retrieved from "http://www.selfdefensekarate.org/index.php?title=155&oldid=1580"